Recently Klorane sent a box of their fabulous Dry shampoo products to me. As you know from reading this they are my go to dry shampoo brand. I loved their Oat infused Dry shampoo for years and have recently switched to the Nettle infused Dry Shampoo for Dark hair. It is designed for oily hair and has saved me from looking completely wrecked more times than I can count.
In addition, they have a new eco friendly bottle that you squeeze to spray out rather than press a dispenser to spray. I have actually set my beloved Nettle Infused for dark hair to the side in order to try it out and will have my review up soon.
I was going to hold the giveaway until I posted the review, but when I saw Klorane’s Earth day Press release I just couldn’t resist. Let me share it with you.
Klorane, the environmentally-friendly French pharmacy favorite is pleased to share that we’re celebrating Earth Month (it’s one of our favorites)! The Klorane Botanical Foundation has the mission of preserving biodiversity, plant life and green spaces by sharing botanical knowledge around the world, empowering citizens to become change-makers in their communities. In an effort to advance this mission, with every Klorane purchase made, a portion of sales goes to support the foundation’s Budding Botanist grant program, which will support KidsGardening – a non-profit dedicated to improving children’s lives through gardening.
Since 2018, over fifteen Budding Botanist grant packages were awarded to high schools in need across the USA. Our grant winners experienced a:
- 91% improvement in environmental attitudes
- 80% increase in community spirit
- 75% increase in leadership
The Budding Botanist program has impacted 600,00 children globally and 13,000 children in the US are educated about botany. In addition to this education, the Foundation fervently protects endangered plant species through concrete action, such as by planting 10,000 desert date trees each year to build the Great Green Wall in Senegal, or 10,000 olive trees in the Peloponnese after disastrous forest fires. It’s not just about the products but about the change that we can collectively make to make our Earth a better place and it starts with education!
They also sent along top ten gardening activities for parents and kids which I will post in a second post to keep this one from being immense.
The press release just made me so happy that Klorane was one of my most consistently ordered from brands that I just couldn’t hold back the giveaway any longer. So here is the deal: Two lucky winners will get to try an assortment of Klorane products including the new eco friendly version. All you have to do is:
- Comment below an earth friendly activity you are doing, whether it is gardening, planting a tree, using a refillable water bottle or just using fewer disposable products in your makeup routine.
- Be sure to follow this blog (follow tabs are at the top of the page in the right sidebar)
- Leave some way to contact you (if you don’t want to post that on the site you can DM me on Instagram with a contact – @msmimsy1)
- You must be 18+ to enter or have the permission of a parent or guardian since winning will involve providing me with a shipping address.
- You must be located in the continental US (for shipping purposes, sorry about that)
- The two winners will be chosen randomly and contacted. And if all goes well, the winners will be announced on May 6th, 2021.
Good luck to all who choose to enter. I am so excited to host my first giveaway and can’t wait to hear from you. And if you are interested in the Botanist Program, the above links will take you there. In addition there is that great sale to take advantage of. While I love Klorane’s dry shampoo, I highly recommend their waterproof eye makeup remover as well. It is a fantastic product that doesn’t sting the eyes and removes waterproof mascara like a dream. Happy Earth Day My darlings!